Saturday, September 12, 2015

Epilogue #wetookit #thegirlwiththeglitterbackpack

Hey readers, Happy Sabbath! 

I am typing this at my church in the same area I wrote my first blog exactly three weeks ago. I know, that's extremely cheesy, I roll that way occasionally. I cannot believe this trip went by already, and quickly to say the least In my first blog I stated the fact on how nervous and excited I was to go on this trip. Now I can say without a doubt, I took Malaysia. Better yet, WE took Malaysia. Yes, cheesy without a doubt however, what we lived these past weeks there were unforgettable. We got to see the world in a whole perspective. We got to experience and witness many different things when it comes to this type of culture. It is open minded if we weren't already to the different  religions in Asia. Sure there were mishaps,maybe  every single day. There were some moments of tension as well, but in the long run we all embraced the culture and each other. 


When I started the class last quarter, I did not know most of the people in my class due to me not being able to take Honor's classes until this past quarter. I came out of this trip with with more friends than I started with. I made awesome, unforgettable memories with them. All of us come from different backgrounds and and places. We all have different travel experiences as well. Yet, we all were new to Malaysia, Singapore and its culture. We all got to be apart of some crazy adventures. 


When it comes to traveling I guess you can say I was only familiar with the U.S. And my parents' homeland Mexico. Being able to explore Malaysia and Singapore has opened a door to all the possibilities of being able to travel the world. I was able to experience cultures and was able to respect and adapt to them as much as I can. Will these places be my last stop? No, this is only the beginning. This girl with the glitter backpack is on the move ready to experience the world on a whole different level. With God all things are possible. Thank you to all who read day by day on our adventures. Maybe a new blog will come soon, who knows. I'll keep you guys posted. In the meantime, it is back to reality, this is Sandra logging off. Until next time readers. 




Blessings and until next time,

Sandra

P.S. I should really get a new glitter backpack ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment