Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Day 1 #thefirstimpression

Hey readers! I'm reporting myself from Singapore. Yes, we are finally here! In fact we just finished our first official day here. Traveling to Singapore was a bit long though. Our flight was about 19 hours long along with a one hour layover in Tokyo. The flight had so much turbulence, however it all worked out, thank God. When we arrived to Singapore, we got picked up by two vans. They first took us to exchange money. By 4:00 am, we were at a guest house provided by the Seventh Day Adventist South East Asia Union. It took us a while to get settled. We hardly slept. Also, have I mentioned the humidity that we encountered?!?! (These days will be interesting...). We tried to get as much sleep as we can.  We all gathered by 9:00 am to start our day off going to an Islamic Mosque and to explore Singapore. Unfortunately, the Mosque we were going to attend was closed until September due to construction. We were explained that due to Ramadan ending. Moving on with the "tour", we then went to a Malaysian Heritage Museum. We were able to learn how Malaysian's culture was built and the density of it. We even got to play games that were part of the Malaysian culture.

We then go inside a Buddhist Temple, a reclining Buddhist temple to be exact. It was really small, yet it was the first temple we were going to see. I'm sure there was many more. With the vans we got to sight see many of the places that Singapore has to offer. We were able to get information from the drivers on how the city of Singapore has grown. Throughout the day, we went to two other museums, the Perunakan Museum, and the Museum of Arts. Overall today was about refreshing our minds on what we learned the past Spring Quarter. We even took the public transportation in which if you eat inside a train, you will be fined $500. (Pretty intense right?!?). Aside from that, in all honesty, we did so much today that I probably don't  remember everything in order. However, I can remember how Dr. Perumal helped me with a minor situation that was presented at the time. I lost my laptop, for like an hour. The reason why is that is thought the vans were going to continue driving us until the end of the day, so I had left it in one of them. Turns out we were going to be taking the MRT. I told Dr. Perumal and he took care of it. It was a big scare, yet I was able to get it back. It also showed me God's grace with me. Also, there were so many moments where the group would laugh and have a great time.. It was a fun day. 

Well, I'm exhausted. Stayed tuned for tomorrow's post and for updated pictures on my Facebook Album. 
Blessings,
Sandra 

P.S. Always have a fork on the side when you eat with chopsticks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment