Sunday, August 30, 2015

Day 6 #sweat


Hey readers! 
First of all, I am so sorry you have to read my blog with so many grammatical errors. I try my best to write correctly, however typing it through my phone at midnight with exhaustion in my body and soul almost every night does not help at all. The reason, I'm typing through my phone is because my laptop crashed. Yes, I obviously have  had bad luck with my laptop. I have to wait so I can get it fixed near home. 

Anywho, we started our Sunday morning with the usual breakfast at the hotel. We then met with our tour guide, Nicole, around 9 am. She took us on a walk to see the streets of Kuching. She gave some historical insight, some that we had learned, some that we had no idea existed.  We walked by many historical buildings that were built around the 1800's that are still there today. It was actually pretty fascinating, despite, the sweat. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against sweating, it's just that today was just a colossal amount, for everyone in the group. After today, I think we saw each other at our worst. 


We then headed to a Malaysian Cultural Muesum, where we learned about the different types of species of animals, plus the types of tribes that are in Malaysia. Unfortunately, there were no cameras allowed so I couldn't take any. We did learn that the animal that the people of Malaysia have to watch out for is the crocodile. Our tour guide told us that the last incident happened about 2 weeks ago. Pretty scary right?!? We also got to learn about the Long Houses. Long Houses are houses in where several families live together apart from civilization, and they all share work around their home. There's much more information, but you'll find out when we go to one this upcoming Tuesday. (Stay tuned) 

After the Muesum, we headed toward the Mosque that was close by. Again,it was closed and under construction. I was ready to go in, I had bought a really pretty head covering for this event. Hopefully we'll go to one later on. 

We had lunch in a little restaurant near Little India, we had Laksa. Now Laksa, is a type of soup that we first tried a while back at Dr. Perumal's home this past April. It was incredibly delicious, mind blowingly good. We tried this Laksa, it was good, but it did not match up to his. By the time lunch was over, we headed on to our next adventure, to see the Urangutangs. The Urangutangs have a preserve (not a Zoo, but out in the open) near Kuching. It was due to the fact that many of them were rescued by families that kept them from growing in their natural habitat. The place we went to was a bit farther away near a rain forest. Walking in the rain forest was beautiful. Honestly, it was every Pathfinder's dream. As we got there, we were told we had to walk to the entrance, which about almost a mile away. It didn't sound bad at all, however, the humidity was not in our favor. We were doing fine, yet there was one thing that was present always, sweat. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about getting a nice work out, yet a sweat like this , I wouldn't wish on anyone. 

As we got to the entrance, we were given the rules of seeing the Urangutangs, we then went of to wait for them to come out as they were being fed.We waited for a while. We thought none were going to show up. Luckily, we got to see at least one come out. Everyone there took pictures as we were looking drenched. 

We walked back down to the parking lot, the whole group was just soaked in their own sweat, and you know the funny thing is that it was ok. I feel like at that point, we have all seeing each other at our worst when it came to that, there was no shame. We arrived to the bus and there were water bottles with wet cold towels waiting for us. We were all so relived. Our next stop was going to be the Sunny Hill Ice Cream shop. It's an ice cream shop that is actually really famous that even people from around the world go to Kuching just to try it. Fun fact, it's owned by the Seventh Day Adventist Church and all the funding goes the missions. We tried the ice cream, and it was actually pretty good. We got to cool down which was the best part . 


We were dropped off at Little India once more just to look at all the places to shop. Funny thing, I got a little lost and ended up with the guys in the group. Their way of shopping was so funny. They would even ask me for my opinion.Their idea was to buy some knock offs of different types of brands. Something that was I wanted to do as well. We then bumped into my Nikki, Zoe, and Meggie. I tagged along with them. To close the night, for dinner we had Chinese food, I think. Despite the immense type of sweat we had to face today it is  a day I'll cherish.

Blessings, 
Sandra

P.S. It just started to rain, which means more humidity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment