Friday, September 4, 2015

Day 10 #JourneytoPenang

Hey Readers, I'm trying to catch you up as soon as I can. Please forgive my grammar. 

Yesterday morning, we woke up early to make sure our bags were packed and ready to go. Our day was going to consist of traveling to Penang early. We had breakfast at the LongHouse at 6:30 am and by 7:00 am, we were heading out. We said goodbye to the people and thanked them for their hospitality, then went off. 

We reached the airport and headed to our flight.The flight was about an hour and half long, then to reach a transfer to Penang. This was about two hours including layover time. 

Once we got to Penang we had a tour guide and a bus driver waiting for us. We took our luggage and went in search for our hotel. By the time we got there, it was around 4 pm. It took us about an hour to check in since the people from the hotel had made a mistake when it came to the nights we were going to spend there. We finally got our rooms and got to rest for a bit. 

Nikki, Zoe, and Meggie however invited me to go meet with their friend Eugene (who also goes to La Sierra, but lives here in Penang) for dinner. We went to an Indian restaurant which was actually quite good. We even got Mango Lassi!  We also took the time to do laundry because even though we were at the LongHouse for a day and a half, we changed many times due to the amount of sweat and dirt that was went on. We also went for desert at the mall near by, while my friend Meggie got new shoes. 


When I got back to the hotel, we went up to test the Wifi, and it is just as slow as the Long House in some places. Perhaps even worse. Around 10:30, I then headed down to the lobby with my hotel roommate Ariela to test it out. Our friend Cresencio found us and joined. We ended up having really nice, fun conversations about the trip so far and some of the best moments, and also talking about life. I know we could've kept on talking, but by 12:50, we called it a night. 
 
Tomorrow we will begin exploring Penang and will update you on more adventures! Thanks for reading and being patient with my updates! I'm am now up to date.

Blessings,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment