Monday, September 7, 2015

Day 14#Petronas

Hey Readers, just letting you know that the wifi is so much better here. I am reporting myself from Kuala Lumpur, also known as, KL. 

Before we got here we had to take a train ride. At the hotel in Penang we woke up around 5:30am to be ready by 6:30 to head the train station. We also had to take a ferry to get to the station. By the time we got to the train, we were already sweating. Once we were on the train we were doing our blogs, sleeping, or watching the Jackie Chan movie they had on. The train ride was about 5 hours. When we got off, Dr. Perumal said we missed our stop. We didn't know what to do for at least 5 minutes. In the end it was all figured out, we took the metro station to get close to the Hotel.     

When we got to the hotel, we saw that  it was in China Town. It also looked like a great place to shop. We checked in to the hotel and saw that they had wifi. The wifi was actually pretty good. It was so good I got to post picture from the past few days on Facebook, which I couldn't do before. Ariela and I caught up with Meggie, Tessa, and Brianna to eat lunch. 

By 4:30, we caught up with the rest of the group to go out and explore. Dr. Perumal showed us around and took us to the central market to look . After we headed to the metro station to go where the Petronas Towers were at. We all got to see that there was so much pollution in the city. We could not see the sky at all. I thought Los Angeles was bad. However, we still got take pictures of the towers. We had already heard thunder and saw lightning. We knew we had to head inside at least until it stopped. Some of us grabbed dinner at the mall, we went around and killed time. We then decided that it was time to go outside because it stopped raining. We saw that it got darker and the lights were on in the buildings, we also saw a light show by the fountains. We got to take picture of the towers while we joked around with each other. 

We decided to go back to China town and see what going on there. We took the metro to head back and everything went out smoothly. We got to China Town and saw that it had all its shops open. Most of my friends wanted to get specific items. However the sellers were giving a ridiculous price. I went along and did my own thing, and I have to say, I am very good at bargaining. If I pretty much don't get the price I want, I don't bother. Surprisingly every time I said no, the sellers would adjust to my price. Pretty amazing right?  I saw that some of my friends were going to get ripped off so I helped them out a bit. I guess you can say Americans are an easy target. Other than that I got pretty tired and went back to the hotel for a good rest after a few good hours of shopping. I'll keep you updated tomorrow on our few last adventures. 

Blessings,
Sandra

P.S. The wifi is Bae here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment