Sunday, September 6, 2015

Day 12 #adventuringPenang


Hey Readers! I am reporting from the city of Penang. 

Now to start the day off, we had breakfast at the hotel before going to church. The church we were going to was the Penang English Seventh Day Adventist Church. It was a good Sabbath since it was the Pathfinder/Adventurer Sabbath. I got super excited to see what they were going to do when it came to the program. Unfortunately, we arrived a little late due to the fact that the service started around 8:30ish. All we got to see was the sermon, and their special music. It was kind of adorable seeing both Pathfinders and Adventurers sharing their activities they did throughout the year. The Pathfinder's even performed a small song with sign language, which was nice to see.

The service ended at 11, so we headed to a botanical garden. The botanical garden was more open than the one we saw in Singapore, plus it had live monkeys everywhere we walked.  I was amazed on how Malaysia is literally a big rain forest. Never in my life have I seen a place with so much wilderness without going to the mountains. We looked around and took pictures. We soon went on our way. 

Our next stop was going to Eugene's house for lunch. It was honestly the best meal I have ever had on this trip. We also just socialized more with each other which was nice. One thing I noticed that many of my friends were getting sick, which caused an internal panic. As we were heading out, we saw that it was going to rain. That's when we decided to just cruise around in the bus before going to our next destination.  

We went to visit a Buddhist Temple with many floors and with 10000 Buddhas. I was amazed of the structure of the buildings and the fact that there were so many steps. I also learned that the symbol that was used for Hitler's reign came from Hinduism and Buddhism representing peace. We took many pictures as we walked up the stepson and we enjoyed our time there.  

Right after, we headed to Penang Hill to go to see if we can see a Mosque. We took a train up to get to the top. We saw the view of the city, and well, it was simply beautiful. We also got to experience many interesting moments. For example, one of my friends was asked to take a picture them by  two girls. The funny thing was that everyone on in the group was watching and just laughing internally.


We walked around and headed to see the Mosque. It was closed unfortunately, again. Our luck with Mosque is not that good since they have all been closed due to remodeling. We saw the Hindu temple and it wasn't as good as the other ones we have seen. Time went on so we then headed to dinner to a Chinese restaurant. It was so cool to see how the tables had the rotating table with the food again. I also tried this Orange-Apple drink which was delicious. Overall the food today was the best I've had so far in this trip. 

We went back to the hotel to rest. However, I attended to a few people in my group who needed medicine. I then also met up with my friend Royce and made a few Video Blogs, which were really funny. I'm also realizing that the trip is almost coming to an end so I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can. 

Blessings,
Sandra

P.S. It has been leg day every day here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment