Thursday, September 10, 2015

Day 15 #KualaLumpor

Hey readers, sorry for the delay! I guess you can say I'm having so much fun to be able to keep up with the blogs. So here's what happened.

We woke up and ate breakfast at the hotel we were staying in at Kuale Lumpur. We met up and had reflections about the trip. The reflections are one of my favorite parts of the trip. I just feel that we take the time to sit and listen to each other's thoughts on how the trip has made us view things. Everyone shared how the Long House Experience was going to be an unforgettable. I completely agree. 

Once we were done with the reflections, as we headed out, it started to rain. We got our rain gear and headed out to the MRT. Our destination was the Batu Cave Temple. Once we arrived it had stopped raining. We saw that the Temple was on top of a hill with more the 700 steps of stairs. At first it seemed a little drastic, yet we all made it up there. We made it up there despite the monkeys and the large amount of birds flying around on top of everyone. We saw that the cave was a little damp and there was a lot of people. I think we even saw a few bats flying around. We also saw that a Hindu My friend Royce and I even tested out the acoustics by doing small echoes. We all took pictures, then started to head back down. Heading back down was such a struggle for because my left knee gets really weak due to previous injuries with it in the past. As I was going down I tried hanging on the rails beside me. Suddenly something happened, I touched a bird, well more like grabbed. I was trying to hold on to the rails going down and instead of the rail, I put my hand on the bird's body and and grabbed. Once I felt the feathers and saw what it was, I freaked out. I immediately let it go. I freaked out a little bit. I thought it was going to attack me. Thank God it didn't.  I kept walking down and monkeys appears near where we were. It's so amazing and scary how monkeys just there trolling around.

 After going down the stairs, most of us decided to go eat in a restaurant near by. When we were done, we headed back to the MRT to go to our next destination, the National Mosque. As we got there I got the urge to the restroom. I asked if I can go to the ones available there. I was denied restroom access due to the fact that I wasn't Muslim. So I held it. We were told to go to the visitor's side of the Muslim temple to get the garments we need to wear to go inside. The robes were purple(everyone wore one) and the Hijabs were black  for the women to wear. We took pictures of ourselves and headed towards the Mosque. We walked around and asked questions and read many pamphlets. 

We then headed to a Historical Museum in the city. I did not take pictures during this due to being able to observe everything gracefully.  After we headed back to the hotel to start studying for the final exam we were going to have the next day. I was able to meet up with Cresencio, Tessa, and Brianna at the lobby to study. We then decided to order pizza, which is always a struggle(location in a foreign country). Royce, Ariela, Meggie, Nikki, and Matt met with us a few hours later. We were able to study, however some of us decided to take a break and shop. We were studying for so long we lost track of time and saw that all the shops were closing.  Despite the amount of walking we did, it was very fun. We enjoy our last day in Kuala Lumpur. 

No comments:

Post a Comment