Friday, September 4, 2015

Day 11 #Sparklesandthangs

Hey Readers, new blog! 
I'm am reporting from the hotel's nearest Häagen Dazs since I am trying to find really good wifi to update you on the latest events of the past day. Our hotel is great and fantastic, yet the only thing failing us is the struggle to communicate with you all. 

Well anyways, today's activities thankfully had a late start at 9:30. We had our hotel breakfast and headed off to town. As we were riding in the bus, the tour guide starting mentioning some places in which we were going to visit. We then were dropped off to walk around the city to see some historic landmarks in Penang. We even stopped by the first Anglican Church in South East Asia. We all learned a lot and were taking notes, yet to be honest I tried to pay attention as much as I could but the exhaustion plus the heat was killing me. We then saw the famous street art that was in Penang, along with different types of Chinese temples. I took pictures of the street art, while buying souvenirs in the process. The tour guide told us that the weather was about 115 degrees in Fahrenheit with about 90% humidity. Talk about heat exhaustion! We took pictures and were paying attention, yet all we wanted was shade and AC. 

By the time lunch came, some friends decided to go to the nearest mall for AC and Wifi. Yes, the desperation is real for wifi. I guess you can say we are just typical Americans who can't live without technology.  

At 2:30 we headed to a market place where the guys had to buy their batik shirts for Sabbath tomorrow. Many of us roamed around to just sight see. I made the decision to start buying Souvenirs and to bargain. Surprisingly, I did not have to bargain, the places I went to shop offered the products to me at a cheaper price. Maybe it was because I looked like a local and not a tourist... however they treated me like such. Maybe it was because I had a look of "I'm very selective on where I'm going to buy so I might move on.." (Yeah that's it lol) I feel like I should pace myself when it comes to money, since I'll be heading to Singapore on the last day. 

After we met up with the tour guide in at the bus and we headed to a Buddhist temple, well the Reclining Buddhist Temple to be exact. When I saw it, I fell in love with its entrance, it was super shiny and had glass mirrors to add a type of sparkle effect. We also saw the reclining Buddha along with the other statues. I also think I'm finally understanding on why Buddha is made in different appearances. Learning about these religions has really informed me on how the people live and it kind of helped me firmly understand about my own religion. We all took pictures and headed on our way to the hotel to rest. 



Our dinner was going to be at 5:30 at the Penang Adventist Hospital Cafe.   We met at the Hotel Lobby waiting for Dr. Perumal only for him to tell us that the Cafe was already closed, so got us dinner at another place. The food we ate was Thai Food. It was pretty good food. I got to socialize with people from our group as well. 


After dinner, we then dispersed to our rooms to rest more. My roommate Ariela, told me that some of the girls we're heading to Häagen Dazs for better Wifi. 
We bought our ice cream and began our blogs again. 

My apologies for not being able to post pictures on Facebook. Thank you for being patient these past few days.

God Bless, 

Sandra

P.S. Always remember to cherish your toilet, since they may not be the same in every country.   

No comments:

Post a Comment